Vox amplug mini guitar Amp for headphones
Plug in and play against your favourite songs in your headphones or on loud speakers. It is light and portable with a longish battery life.
Cheap outer design, may not sound EXACTLY like the original Amps but although they use similar circuitry.
I was looking for the smallest amplifier suitable for practising playing your electric guitar or bass guitar. The main problem you have is, you want to be quiet but just can’t hear the instrument. The Vox amPlug headphone guitar amplifier is about the size of your palm and takes AAA batteries. This means you don’t require any leads, just the aux -in jack and you are ready to go. It also has a mini jack input for the purpose of playing and jamming along with songs from your MP3 player. There’s a mini jack output too for the plugging it in your headphones otherwise you will not be able to hear anything. If you want to hear the amplug without the use of your headphones you can plug in to some speakers or get the amplug speaker cabinet which is a Vox styled tabletop mini stack with 3 inch speakers providing 0.7 W of awesome power. It comes with a 9 V battery which lasts three hours after charging with the A/C adapter. If you want the a.m. plug cabinet, that’s around 35 quid but obviously it isn’t designed to go as loud as some would like but it is a good portable alternative.
Back to the Vox amplug, it has three controls where you can control the volume, the gain and the tone. It’s a really cool idea because it means you can have the Vox sound on any speaker and get the chance to fine tune the sound. There’s nine different amplugs on the market which all have different sounds which are – Lead, Bass, VOX AC30, Classic Rock, Metal, Acoustic, Night Train, Twin and Joe Satriani Signature.
The great thing is is that it has a long battery life of 27 hours and when you are not playing you can turn off with the handy button on the side. You can pick one of these up for around 30 quid, other than the cheap and plasticky design it’s a really good device if you want to play with the Vox sound but not disturb the neighbours!
- Power supply: two AAA batteries
- Battery life: with alkaline batteries: approximately 27 hours (with zinc-carbon batteries: approximately 10 hours.)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 86 x 80 x 31 (mm), 3.39" x 3.15" x 1.22"
- Weight: 40g /1.41oz. (not including batteries).
- Included items: two AAA zinc-carbon batteries
amPlug Night Train / amPlug Twin Specifications
- Controls: Gain, Tone, Volume; STANDBY/ON/FX switch
- Terminals: PHONES Jack (stereo), AUX In Jack (stereo)
- Power supply: AAA batteries (x 2)
- Battery life: amPlug Night Train:
- With zinc-carbon batteries: approximately 9 hours
- With alkaline batteries: approximately 24 hours
- Battery life: amPlug Twin (FX on):
- With zinc-carbon batteries: approximately 3 hours
- With alkaline batteries: approximately 11 hours
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 86 x 80 x 31mm/3.39" x 3.15" x 1.22"
- Weight: 40 g/1.41 oz. (not including batteries)
- Included items: AAA batteries (X2) (for verifying operation)